S’mores lovers, rejoice! Get ready to dig into the gr8est s’mores smashup recipe featuring our charcoal-infused superfood Black Coco Chia gr8nola and SMASHMALLOW Toasted Vanilla Marshmallows which are made from naturally sourced and deliciously non-GMO ingredients. This tasty toasted pie will tickle your healthy taste buds year-round -- No campfire needed!
A smooth and creamy chocolate filling sits inside a no-bake activated charcoal crust, and a fluffy layer of golden marshmallow goodness floats atop the pie. While most s’mores pie recipes include unhealthy fats from dairy sources such as heavy cream, we used organic coconut milk and vegan dark chocolate to achieve a decadent and creamy filling. Every ooey-gooey bite will have you reminiscing about cozy summer nights, campfires and toasted marshmallows -- you can thank us later (and while you’re at it, you might want to check out our Fudgy Clean S’mores Bars ;).
Read on for the deets, and don’t forget to tag us (@gr8nola) in your creations for a chance to be featured on our social media. As always, stay #hungryforgr8ness!
Clean Ingredient S’mores Pie
- 3 cups Black Coco Chia gr8nola
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 cup dark chocolate (we love Pascha Organic’s vegan dark chocolate options)
- 6 Tbsp. coconut milk (from a can, not a carton)
- Dash of cinnamon (optional)
- 2 bags SMASHMALLOW Toasted Vanilla Marshmallows
- Extra chocolate chips to sprinkle on top, if desire
- Grease a pie dish with coconut oil, and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the Black Coco Chia gr8nola until a fine flour is achieved.
- Add the rest of the crust ingredients, and blend until fully combined.
- Press the crust firmly into the prepared tins, and place in the refrigerator while you prep the filling.
- Place all filling ingredients into a microwaveable bowl or double boiler, and melt until fully combined (if using a microwave, heat in 15-second intervals, stirring in between).
- Stir the chocolate filling mixture until smooth, and pour into the prepared crusts.
- Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours, until set.
- Preheat oven to 415F.
- Top the pie with SMASHMALLOW Toasted Vanilla Marshmallows, then place in the oven for 15-45 seconds (or more, depending on your oven), until the marshmallows achieve a scrumptious golden brown glow. Be careful not to heat too long! Even 10 seconds too long can make your marshmallows a little too crispy.