The new year is always a gr8 opportunity to press the reset button and re-evaluate your mindset and goals. It’s a clean slate to build upon the momentum from the previous year. You don’t need to create a “new you,” but you can certainly choose to pinpoint places of improvement and to re-establish current goals and set new ones!
We rounded up 20 quotes about achieving gr8ness from inspiring leaders that will motivate you to start 2020 off with a healthy mindset, and as always, stay #hungryforgr8ness!
Gr8ness Quotes To Set The Tone In 2020
- “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness.” —Oprah Winfrey
- “Success isn’t always about greatness. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work leads to success. Greatness will come.” —Dwayne Johnson
- “Our greatness has always come from people who expect nothing and take nothing for granted - folks who work hard for what they have, then reach back and help others after them.” —Michelle Obama
- “So many people have this idea: I want to achieve something great or be somebody great. And they neglect the step that leads to greatness. They don't honor this step at this moment because they have this idea of some future moment where they are going to be great.” —Eckhart Tolle
- “I want to go out and chase greatness. That's all I want to do.” —J. J. Watt
- “If you only believe that you're an artist when you have a big advance in your pocket and a single coming out, I would say that's quite soulless. You have to have a sense of your own greatness and your own ability from a very deep place inside you. I am the one with the litmus test in my hands of what people need to hear next.” —Lady Gaga
- “Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion: The potential for greatness lives within each of us.” —Wilma Rudolph
- “I believe greatness is an evolutionary process that changes and evolves era to era.” —Michael Jordan
- “The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.” —Bob Marley
- “Your greatness was meant to be shared with the world. Not hidden within yourself.” —Robin Sharma
- “Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.” —Samuel Johnson
- "You can only become great at that thing you’re willing to sacrifice for." —Maya Angelou
- “Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” —Albert Einstein
- “Creativity means believing you have greatness.” —Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
- “All great deeds and all great thoughts have a ridiculous beginning.” —Albert Camus
- “Be not afraid of greatness; some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them.” —William Shakespeare
- "There will never be 'the right time' in your life to do a great thing. You must create that time and greatness will follow." —John A. Passaro
- "Not everybody can be famous but everybody can be great, because greatness is determined by service." —Martin Luther King Jr.
- “You must remain focused on your journey to greatness.” —Les Brown
- “I used my pain to push me to greatness.” —Eric Thomas