We are obsessed with superfoods here at gr8nola, and blue spirulina powder is at the top of our list! Not only does it create BLUE-tiful bowls like this one by Chad Montano (aka expert food stylist and healthy food extraordinaire), but it's powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties will have you feeling as good as it looks. Talk about a win-win!
Read on for the deets, and don’t forget to tag us (@gr8nola) in your creations for a chance to be featured on our social media!
Blue Spirulina Smoothie Bowl
- 1 1/2 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup frozen cauliflower
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 3/4 cup almond milk (or any plant-based milk you have on hand)
- 1 tsp blue spirulina
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Essentially Coconut butter (or any nut or seed butter you have on hand)
Then blend, blend, blend!
- Frozen blueberries
- Chia seeds
- Vegan dark chocolate chunks
- Your favorite gr8nola flavor! (We recommend Black Coco Chia ;)