If you’ve been looking for the perfect vegan treat to enjoy with your cup of chai this fall -- these Vegan Cinnamon Chai Cookies are for you!
These cookies pack in the coziest fresh baked vibes while also providing lots of protein (these babies are made with almond butter and almond flour!), making them the perfect no-guilt treat. Sweetly spiced, yet healthy and clean -- just our kind of treat!
This recipe features our latest gr8nola flavor -- Cinnamon Chai. We love the subtle cinnamon goodness the gr8nola adds to these cookies without adding any refined sugars or filler ingredients. Feel free to snack on some gr8nola while you wait for the cookies to bake!
We can’t wait for you to try this delish cookie recipe -- Let us know what you think and be sure to tag us in your pictures on Instagram!
Cinnamon Chai Cookies
Makes 12 cookies
- 1 flax egg (2 Tbsp. ground flaxseed + 3 Tbsp. filtered water mixed together in a bowl)
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 3 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp. molasses
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ginger
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅔ cup ground Cinnamon Chai gr8nola
- ⅓ cup oat flour or another gluten-free flour blend
Icing Ingredients (optional)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ - 1 Tbsp. almond milk
- ¼ tsp. vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Stir together the wet ingredients in one bowl, and the dry ingredients in another.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet. Don’t over-mix!
- Using a tablespoon or your hands, roll the dough into 12 balls. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and use your palm to flatten the cookie slightly (they won’t spread much on their own).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until just done, then let cool on a baking rack for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together the icing ingredients in a small bowl. The icing should drizzle off a spoon – you don’t want it too thick.
- Once the cookies have cooled, drizzle the icing over the cookies and sprinkle with more Cinnamon Chai gr8nola, if desired.
- Store covered at room temperature for 1 week.