These vegan dark chocolate truffles are bursting with fresh coconut flavor in each bite. We combined our Cacao Crisp gr8nola with coconut flakes and superfood coconut oil to create a sweet filling that is enrobed in a decadent layer of vegan dark chocolate.
Read on for the deets, and don’t forget to tag us (@gr8nola) in your pics for a chance to be featured on our social media.
Coconut Cacao Truffles
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 bag Cacao Crisp gr8nola
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 5 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 10oz vegan dark chocolate, melted with 1-2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- In a blender or food processor, blend the gr8nola to a fine flour.
- In a large bowl, combine gr8nola, coconut flakes, maple syrup and coconut oil. Stir until a sticky mixture is formed. Add more maple syrup or coconut oil by the tablespoon if necessary.
- Roll the prepared mixture by the tablespoon into balls, then place in the fridge to set while you melt the chocolate.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the vegan dark chocolate and coconut oil in 15 second intervals until smooth.
- Dip the prepared coconut balls in the chocolate, then place on a cooling rack and allow to harden. If desired, sprinkle with more coconut flakes or sea salt.