Everywhere we look there is a new poke spot opening up, and Valerie Fidan hooked us up with a recipe to make the trendy poke bowl at home! We love the combination of tuna with refreshing cucumber, creamy avocado and a little kick of chili flakes!
- 3.5 oz sushi grade tuna, cubed
- 2 cups mixed spring greens
- ⅛ cup sweet onion, sliced
- ¼ cup sliced cucumber
- ¼ avocado, cubed
- 1 Tbsp. ogo seaweed
- ½ tsp. black and white sesame seeds
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 tsp. coconut aminos
- 1 tsp. sesame seed oil
- Optional: ⅛ tsp. red chilli flakes
- In a bowl, add poke bowl ingredients (except avocado) and toss together. Tossing the salad and letting it rest for just a few minutes before serving maximizes flavor development while retaining texture.
- When ready to eat, top with avocado!
Ogo seaweed: This can be found at most grocery stores in the Asian food section or at Asian markets.
Sushi Grade Tuna: This can be found at most grocery stores like Whole Foods, simply ask the fishmonger for sushi grade tuna. Alternatively, you can find this at most Asian markets specializing in Japanese products.