We get it, life gets overwhelming. Sometimes a to-go energy bar is all you can manage to grab for a snack or lunch, especially when you’re on the go. But those pre-packaged bars often have a few things in common: they’re loaded with sugar and nasty additives!
Enter these clean, no bake granola bars. They get their flavor and base from our very own gr8nola, so they’re automatically delicious and easy to make. We’ve created three versions of these bars using different gr8nola flavors, nut butters and toppings, but the possibilities are endless and easily customized to your (and your family's) taste!
If you have a free half hour this weekend, try making these in anticipation of the busy week ahead. Your snack game just got a makeover!
No Bake Granola Bars Base Recipe
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup nut butter of choice
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 bag of gr8nola
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 cup slivered almonds
Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
In a small saucepan, melt together the maple syrup, nut butter and coconut oil. Whisk until smooth, then remove from heat.
In a food processor, blitz together the gr8nola and rolled oats until there are no chunks -- the goal is to break apart any clusters in the granola so the bars hold together.
Using a spatula or wooden spoon, combine all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl, stirring to make sure the dry ingredients are evenly coated.
Pour the mixture into the lined 8x8 pan, using the back of the spoon or a spatula to press the mixture firmly into the pan.
Place in the freezer for 10-20 minutes, or until the ingredients are set and can be cut cleanly. Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge for up to one week!
3 Delicious & Clean Flavor Ideas:
- Use Golden Turmeric gr8nola for the base.
- Substitute ⅓ cup tahini for the ½ cup nut butter.
- Add ½ tsp. ginger & 2 tsp. cinnamon.
- Use Matcha Green Tea gr8nola for the base.
- Substitute cashew butter for the ½ cup nut butter.
- Add in ½ cup cacao nibs.
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Drizzle
- Use our OG gr8nola or Coco Cacao gr8nola for the base.
- Sub peanut butter for the nut butter.
- Chocolate Drizzle: Melt together 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, 2 Tbsp. cacao powder and 1 Tbsp. maple syrup. Let cool to desired consistency and drizzle on bars.