Soft and chewy on the inside, crispy on the outside and sweetly spiced with a medley of chai spices – these Maple Chai Snickerdoodles are serving festive vibes with every tasty bite! These clean ingredient cookies are made with our superfood Cinnamon Chai gr8nola and sweetened naturally with maple syrup and coconut sugar. We used a blend of chai spices for added superfood benefits and taste.
Read on for the deets, and don’t forget to tag us (@gr8nola) in your pics for a chance to be featured on our social media.
Maple Chai Snickerdoodles
- 1 cup Cinnamon Chai gr8nola
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 5 Tbsp. chai spices
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Cinnamon sugar dusting: 2-5 Tbsp. Coconut sugar + 1 tsp. chai spices to roll the cookie dough in.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Make the cinnamon sugar dusing by combining the 2-5 Tbsp. coconut sugar and 1 tsp. chai spices in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the gr8nola to a fine flour.
- In a medium bowl, combine the gr8nola, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, chai spices, coconut sugar and salt. Stir until fully combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the vegan butter, applesauce, vanilla extract and maple syrup. Whisk until fully combined.
- Stir the flour mixture into the large bowl until a dough forms.
- Wrap the dough and chill for one hour, or overnight.
- Roll the dough into tablespoon sized balls, roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture, then place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, cool and enjoy!