Pie season is here, and we’re all about it. To help you continue to balance a healthy lifestyle during the heavy baking months (does anyone else live for fall baking… and eating?), we’ve put together a four-ingredient No-Bake Cinnamon Chai Superfood Pie Crust recipe that you can use as your go-to seasonal pie crust through the fall and holiday seasons (brb, we’re bookmarking this recipe RIGHT NOW.).
We created this pie recipe as a healthy alternative to graham cracker pie crusts -- Despite being easy to make, traditional graham cracker crusts don’t offer the health benefits that this granola pie crust offers (thanks to our infusion of Cinnamon Chai gr8nola). Not only is this pie crust recipe made with whole food ingredients and packed with beneficial nutrients, it's also vegan friendly and free of dairy, soy, and refined sugar. It tastes especially delicious with seasonal pies, tarts, bars and cheesecakes!
No-Bake Cinnamon Chai Superfood Pie Crust
Makes one 9-inch pie crust
- 1 ½ cups Cinnamon Chai gr8nola
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 4 Tbsp. maple syrup
- Set aside a 9-inch pie dish.
- Add Cinnamon Chai gr8nola and oats to blender. Blend at high speed, until a fine flour.
- Pour the blended Cinnamon Chai gr8nola and oats mix into a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the maple syrup and melted coconut oil to the mixing bowl, and mix with a large spoon or your hands. The mixture is ready when you pinch the crumbs together with your fingers and it sticks together. If the mixture is not sticking, add more coconut oil by the ½ teaspoon.
- Dump the pie crust mixture into prepared pie dish, and press firmly into the pan.
- Fill the pie crust with your favorite pie filling, and enjoy!
If you’re ready to get to pie-making, we’ve got a delicious Superfood Spiced Pumpkin Pie recipe coming your way soon! If you already have a favorite pie filling recipe of your own, just pour it on into your prepared pie crust.
Got a delicious gr8nola-inspired pic you want to share? Tag us on Instagram; we’d love to see it!