A thick layer of vegan caramel is sandwiched between a chewy, chocolate-y crust and a decadent, melt-in-your-mouth layer of velvety dark chocolate. These raw, no-bake bars are the clean ingredient version of your favorite candy bar! The secret ingredient that makes these bars extra flavorful without refined sugars or processed sweeteners? We blended our very own Coco Cacao gr8nola into the crust layer, which gives these bars a superfood kick of raw cacao and coconut oil. This recipe is free of dairy and refined sugar so you can dig in without the guilt!
No-Bake Vegan Twix Bars
Makes: 1 8x8 dish (12-16 bars)
- 4 medjool dates
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup Coco Cacao gr8nola
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 3 teaspoons cashew milk
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 1/3 cups medjool dates
- 3 3oz. Vegan Dark Chocolate Bars (We used Endangered Species Strong & Velvety Dark Chocolate bars)
- 3 tsp. coconut oil
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, blend gr8nola to a fine flour.
- Add almond flour and dates, and blend until fully combined.
- Add coconut oil by the tablespoon, and mix with a spoon until fully combined, and the mixture sticks together when pinched with your fingers.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan, and press firmly into the pan. Place in freezer while you prepare the caramel layer.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the dates, cashew milk, cashew butter and coconut sugar until a thick, creamy caramel-like texture is achieved.
- Remove the prepared base from the freezer, and spread the caramel layer over the top.
- Place in freezer while you prepare the chocolate layer.
- Melt the chocolate bars with coconut oil, and pour over the caramel layer. Spread chocolate evenly, and place in the fridge to set (about 30 minutes).
- Slice and enjoy!