Valerie Fidan delivers with this super easy holiday side dish featuring one of our favorites: delicata squash.
- 8 delicata squash, rinsed, seeds removed, and cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 Tbsp of honey
- Juice from 1/2 an orange
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Dried cranberries
- Sunflower seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the squash onto a large mixing bowl and toss to coat evenly with honey, orange juice, black pepper, cumin, smoked paprika, ground cayenne pepper, coconut oil, and sea salt. Make sure that all the delicata squash slices are evenly distributed throughout the sheet pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes on each side, 25-30 minutes in total, flipping the squash halfway through the baking process.
When ready to serve, arrange the sliced roasted delicata squash in a large plate, sprinkle with microgreens, gr8nola, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds.
Serve immediately. Recipe makes 6-8 servings.