Take your Halloween treats to the next level with these dark and deliciously spooky cut-out sugar cookies made with activated charcoal powder and our Black Coco Chia gr8nola! These simple sugar cookies are a fun way to dress up your festive Halloween platter with not-so-scary ingredients. We used vegan-friendly ingredients and sweetened things naturally with coconut sugar!
Read on for the deets, and don’t forget to tag us (@gr8nola) in your pics for a chance to be featured on our social media.
Spooky Charcoal Cut-Out Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup Black Coco Chia gr8nola
- 1 cup oat flour
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Dash of salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2-3 Tbsp. activated charcoal powder
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup vegan butter
- ¼ cup. almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the gr8nola to a fine flour.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the gr8nola, oat flour, coconut sugar, cornstarch, salt, baking powder and charcoal powder until fully combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk the vanilla extract, vegan butter and almond milk until smooth and creamy. Slowly stir in the dry mixture until it comes together.
- Roll the cookie dough into a ball, flatten to a disk, wrap tightly in cling wrap and chill for one hour, or overnight.
- Once chilled, roll the dough to ¼ inch thick, and cut into fun Halloween shapes using a cookie cutter.
- Place on the prepared cookie sheet, and if desired, sprinkle with festive sprinkles!
- Bake for 7-9 minutes, then allow to cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy!