Rice krispies, with a twist. These chewy-gooey treats bring together the best of your childhood rice krispie treats and summertime s’mores, in one simple recipe. We added our Black Coco Chia gr8nola, which is made with superfood activated charcoal, so you truly don’t need a campfire to enjoy these vegan s’mores!
Read on for the deets, and don’t forget to tag us (@gr8nola) in your pics for a chance to be featured on our social media.
Superfood S’mores Rice Krispie Bars
- 2 cups crispy rice
- 2 cups Black Coco Chia gr8nola
- 2 cups vegan mini marshmallows (we recommend Dandies)
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ cup vegan dark chocolate chips (we recommend Pascha)
- Grease a 9x9 pan with coconut oil, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the crispy rice and Black Coco Chia gr8nola. Set aside.
- Over low heat, combine the coconut oil and marshmallows. Stir continuously, until a soft and fluffy marshmallow mixture is achieved.
- Turn off the stove.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture into the large dry ingredients bowl. Using a spatula, fold until fully combined.
- Using a spatula, transfer the crunchy mixture into the prepared pan. Press down lightly using the spatula, until a flat surface is achieved.
- Sprinkle the top of the bars with dark chocolate chips (if you add them too early, they will melt!). Add more marshmallows, if desired.