Superfood matcha green tea powder meets antioxidant dark chocolate -- It’s a matcha-made in heaven!
We love matcha for its superfood benefits, from being a skin and heart health booster, to being a natural source of clean energy. Matcha gives you the energy boost of coffee, minus the jitters -- so we love to add it to our fave food and drink recipes, including this dairy-free, plant-based and vegan-friendly snackable Matcha Double Chocolate Bark. Bonus points: this allergen-friendly recipe has zero added sugar and no soy!
Read on for the deets, and don’t forget to tag us (@gr8nola) in your pics for a chance to be featured on our social media.
Vegan Matcha Double Chocolate Bark Recipe
Makes: 1 8x8 sheet of bark
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate chips (we love to the different Pascha Vegan Dark Chocolate bars and chips!)
- 1 cup vegan white chocolate chips (we like Pasha White Vegan Chocolate Chips)
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 2-3 tsp. matcha powder (adjust to your preference!)
Toppings (optional, but highly recommended!)
- Matcha Green Tea gr8nola
- Coconut flakes
- Raw cacao nibs
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Combine the dark chocolate with 1 tsp. coconut oil, and melt over a double boiler (or in the microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring between each interval).
- Once the chocolate is fully melted, pour the chocolate into the prepared baking pan and place in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Combine the white chocolate with 1 tsp. coconut oil, and melt over a double boiler (or in the microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring between each interval).
- Once the white chocolate is fully melted, add the matcha powder, and stir until fully combined.
- Pour the matcha white chocolate over the dark chocolate layer, and sprinkle with your toppings! Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to set. Once hardened, remove from the pan, crack it up and snack it up!
Looking for more matcha-infused recipes? Check out our list of 9 Creative & Clean Matcha Recipes for more inspo!