Love Reese's Peanut Butter Cups? We created a clean ingredient version of everyone’s favorite sweet and salty nut butter cup -- with a secret superfood ingredient.
The creamy peanut butter filling in these tasty cups is infused with superfood ashwagandha, a powerful stress-relieving ingredient that is not-so-coincidentally found in our new Peanut Butter gr8nola flavor.
Read on for the recipe deets, and don’t forget to tag us (@gr8nola) in your creations for a chance to be featured on our social media. As always, stay #hungryforgr8ness!
Makes 9 cups
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (we love Pascha vegan dark chocolate chips)
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. peanut butter
- ½ Peanut Butter gr8nola
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp. ashwagandha (optional -- we recommend Moon Juice)
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners, then set aside.
- In a small bowl, melt the chocolate shell ingredients until smooth.
- Pour 1-2 tablespoons of chocolate into each cupcake liner, then place the pan in the freezer to set while you prepare the peanut butter filling.
- In a blender, blend the gr8nola until a fine flour is achieved. Add peanut butter, and stir until fully combined and smooth. If using ashwagandha, stir in until smooth. Place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes to harden.
- Remove the cupcake pan and peanut butter filling from the freezer.
- Scoop the peanut butter filling by the tablespoon, roll into a ball, then flatten and place in the middle of each chocolate-filled cupcake liner.
- Melt the remaining chocolate in your bowl, then top off each peanut butter filing, until the top is smooth. Place in the freezer for 1 hour to set, then enjoy!
Looking for more clean candy bar recipes? Check out our Raw Vegan Snickers Slice Recipe or our Better-For-You Butterfinger Bars for more inspo!
Need to buy granola? We’ve got you covered with SEVEN low sugar superfood flavors for all taste buds and occasions!