Sweet, salty and slightly spiced. This decadent dark chocolate bark recipe brings all the fall vibes in a simple, snackable recipe. We spiced our dark chocolate bark with cayenne pepper, and sprinkled it with a handful of festive autumn ingredients including our Cinnamon Chai gr8nola, pumpkin seeds, and dried apples and cranberries.
Read on for the deets, and don’t forget to tag us (@gr8nola) in your pics for a chance to be featured on our social media.
Autumn Spiced Chocolate Bark
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 0.5-1 tsp. cayenne pepper (or to taste!)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg, ginger, cardamom (optional)
Toppings (optional, but highly recommended!)
- Cinnamon Chai gr8nola
- Pumpkin seeds
- Dried cranberries
- Dried apple rings
- Line a 9x13 cookie sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Combine the dark chocolate with coconut oil, and melt over a double boiler (or in the microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring between each interval).
- Once the chocolate is fully melted, stir in the spices, then pour the chocolate into the prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle with your toppings, then place in the fridge to set (approximately 30 minutes). Once hardened, remove from the pan, crack it up and snack it up!