Tangy yet sweet. Juicy yet crunchy. Tastes like dessert yet fit for breakfast. One bite of this four-ingredient Baked Grapefruit Superfood Crisp will send your taste buds soaring. It’s no news that grapefruits are a powerful source of antioxidants while being packed with healthy vitamins and minerals (including vitamins A and C!), so you’ll be in superfood heaven once you top your fresh citrus with a superfood granola crumble made from OG gr8nola, coconut oil and coconut sugar. If you’re looking for an extra treat, top your grapefruit crisp with dairy-free yogurt and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup. You don’t have to tell us twice!
This simple recipe can be made in under 20 minutes and is dairy-free, soy-free and refined sugar-free. We love these as breakfast, as a snack or for dessert!
Baked Grapefruit Superfood Crisp
Makes: 2 Grapefruit Halves
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 2 tsp. coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp. OG gr8nola
- Yogurt (we used COYO Vanilla Bean Coconut Yogurt)
- Honey or maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a small baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Wash and halve your grapefruit, then place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Using a sharp knife, loosen the grapefruit flesh from the skin so that it can be easily scooped once baked!
- In a small bowl, melt the coconut oil.
- Add the coconut sugar and gr8nola to the bowl, and mix until fully combined.
- Top the grapefruit halves with the superfood crumble.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. The topping should be a golden brown and the grapefruit should be oozing juices.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- If desired, top with a dollop of your favorite yogurt (we love dairy-free options like COYO Vanilla Bean Coconut Yogurt). Drizzle with honey or maple syrup, and serve warm.