Warm up from the inside out with our vegan-friendly cozy comfort custard recipe! Delicious warm (or cold), this creamy custard is full of flavor and made with warm superfood turmeric spice for a touch of golden color (and immunity-boosting benefits of course ;). Pair this delightful dessert pudding with our Golden Spice gr8nola for the ultimate creamy-crunchy combo!
This recipe is free of dairy, eggs, gluten and nuts, and is sweetened naturally with coconut sugar. We used coconut flour as a thickening agent, and full-fat coconut milk for a dreamy creamy texture.
Read on for the deets, and don’t forget to tag us (@gr8nola) in your creations for a chance to be featured on our social media. As always, stay #hungryforgr8ness!
Cozy Vegan Comfort Custard
- 2 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of turmeric
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut flour with 4 Tbsp. of the coconut milk. Stir until fully combined, then set aside.
- In a small pot, over medium heat, combine the coconut milk, coconut sugar, salt and turmeric. Stir until combined, then add the coconut flour mixture.
- Stir continuously until it thickens (approximately 10 minutes), then remove from heat. Stir in the vanilla extract, then transfer into a jar.
- Place in the fridge to chill, then enjoy hot or cold. Sprinkle with cinnamon, turmeric, or even our Golden Spice gr8nola for extra crunch!