Searching for easy summer snack ideas? We've got you covered. These five-ingredient, no-bake, refined-sugar-free, dairy-free, guilt-free and vegan friendly Dark Chocolate Coconut Pineapple Rings are your new healthy summertime snack.
Kids and adults alike will love this decadent yet refreshing tropical superfood recipe made with clean and simple ingredients (like coconut oil and Coco Cacao gr8nola). If you like piña coladas... then these dark chocolate dipped pineapple slices are calling your name!
Dark Chocolate Coconut Pineapple Rings
Makes: 7-9 rings
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate chips (we love Enjoy Life or Trader Joe’s)
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- ½ cup Coco Cacao gr8nola
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Wash, cut, core and slice your pineapple into half-inch rings. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine chocolate chips and coconut oil, and melt until smooth (if melting in microwave, heat in 15 second intervals, stirring between every interval).
- Dip each pineapple slice into the melted chocolate, and lay flat on the prepared baking sheet. Before the chocolate dries, sprinkle each pineapple slice with gr8nola, coconut flakes and any other topping of your heart’s desire!
- Allow the chocolate to cool and harden (or don’t -- an ooey-gooey-chocolatey pineapple is sure to be just as delicious), and then dig in!
These pineapple rings should be kept stored in a container in your fridge for up to two days (not that it will last that long!) depending on the ripeness of your pineapple.