This vegan twist on the classic Samoas Girl Scout Cookie uses clean ingredients to bring your favorite coconut, caramel and chocolate cookie combo to life in no-bake form!
We recreated a healthier version of the classic Samoas Cookie by using clean, superfood ingredients including coconut flakes, coconut oil, dark chocolate, medjool dates and our very own Cacao Crisp gr8nola. This recipe is dairy-free, egg-free and refined sugar free, so it makes for a delicious allergen-friendly treat for all to enjoy.
Go ahead and crush your cookie cravings with us, then let us know if you think we should recreate a homemade vegan Thin Mints recipe next!
Read on for the deets, and don’t forget to tag us (@gr8nola) in your creations for a chance to be featured on our social media. As always, stay #hungryforgr8ness!
Healthy Samoas Girl Scout Cookies
- 14 medjool dates
- ½ cup + 1 cup coconut flakes
- ½ cup Cacao Crisp gr8nola
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the medjool dates, ½ cup of coconut flakes, gr8nola and maple syrup until fully combined.
- Pour mixture into a medium bowl, and add 1 cup coconut flakes.
- Mix with a spoon or spatula until fully combined and a “cookie dough” is formed. If the mixture is too wet, add more coconut flakes by the Tbsp.
- Scoop the cookie dough by the Tbsp. and roll into balls. Place the balls onto the prepared baking sheet, and flatten to ½ an inch.
- Using a straw, poke a hole in the center of each cookie in order to achieve the traditional “samoas cookie” shape.
- Place in the freezer for 30 mins to set.
- Once set, melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil and dip the bottom of each cookie, then drizzle with more chocolate.
- Place in the fridge or freezer for 30 mins to set, then enjoy!
Looking for more raw vegan cookie recipes? Check out our 3-Ingredient No-Bake Vegan Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe or our Healthy Cookie Dough Bites Recipe for more inspo!