Whip out your favorite vanilla ice cream (or nice cream ;), grab a spoon and celebrate summertime with a vegan-friendly fruit cobbler that’s exploding with juicy berries! This recipe is teeming with mixed berries, and the beauty of it is that you can use either fresh OR frozen berries, and you can really use any berries that you have on hand -- strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, cherries -- this recipe is ALL YOU.
We ditched the refined sugar and sweetened things naturally with coconut sugar (fruit is pretty sweet already, so you don’t need much!). Instead of using a traditional thickening agent like cornstarch, we used chia seeds for added superfood health benefits.
The topping consists of a spiced crumble made with a blend of oats and our antioxidant-packed Cinnamon Chai gr8nola. This popular flavor is packed with superfood chai spices including cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, allspice and cloves, all of which pack a powerful immune-boosting punch.
Best of all, this vegan-friendly recipe is allergen-friendly as it contains no dairy, soy, eggs or refined sugar. So what are you waiting for? Time to “cobble” it up!
Read on for the deets, and don’t forget to tag us (@gr8nola) in your creations for a chance to be featured on our social media. As always, stay #hungryforgr8ness!
Summer Berry Cobbler
- 3 cups mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 cup Cinnamon Chai gr8nola (crushed by hand)
- 1 cup oats (blended)
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 5 Tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup nut milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat over to 375F.
- Grease a cast iron pan with coconut oil, set aside.
- In a small pot over medium heat, stir berries, coconut sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice until a liquid forms around the berries.
- Add chia seeds, and stir until thickened, then remove from heat and pour into prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine gr8nola, blended oats, coconut sugar, cinnamon and baking powder. Stir until combined.
- Add melted coconut oil, vanilla extract and nut milk, then stir until fully combined.
- Scoop the topping by the tablespoon on top of the filling.
- Bake for 25-35 mins, or until the filling is bubbling through the top.
- Cool, and enjoy with yogurt or your favorite vanilla ice cream for a treat!