Peanut butter and jelly. Peanut butter and jam. PB ‘n J. PB & J. PBJ.
No matter what you call this classic combo, one’s thing for sure: it’s always going to be a kitchen staple!
We created these sweet and savory PB & J bars to bring back the nostalgic flavor that we all love, in a layered bar form. Best of all, the no-bake crust is made with our superfood Peanut Butter gr8nola (which is infused with ashwagandha, a powerful stress-relieving ingredient!).
Read on for the recipe deets, and don’t forget to tag us (@gr8nola) in your creations for a chance to be featured on our social media. As always, stay #hungryforgr8ness!
No-Bake PB & J Bars
- 4 medjool dates
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup Peanut Butter gr8nola
- 2 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1½ cup strawberries
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 5 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1⅓ cup peanut butter
- 7 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. almond flour
- 3-5 Tbsp. almond milk (as needed)
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
- Line a 9”x5” bread pan with parchment paper, then set aside.
- In a blender, blend the PB gr8nola and almond flour until a fine flour is achieved.
- Add the remaining crust ingredients, and blend until smooth.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan, then set asied.
- Chop the strawberries into small pieces, then place in a small pot over medium-high heat. Stir continuously until it begins to simmer, then add the maple syrup and stir while simmering for 10-20 mins, or until thickened.
- Remove from heat, add chia seeds, stir, then allow to sit for 10 minutes, stirring once after 5 minutes.
- Pout the mixture over the prepared crust, then place in the freezer to set.
- In a medium bowl, stir all topping ingredients together until smooth and creamy, and then spread on top of the frozen strawberry filling layer. Place in the fridge for 1 hour to set, then enjoy!
Looking for more peanut butter recipes? Check out our Adaptogenic Peanut Butter Cups or our Better-For-You Butterfinger Bars for more inspo!
Need to buy granola? We’ve got you covered with SEVEN low sugar superfood flavors for all taste buds and occasions!
Get The Printable Version Here