Peanut butter and jelly. Peanut butter and jam. PB ‘n J. PB & J. PBJ.
No matter what you call this classic combo, one’s thing for sure: it’s always going to be a kitchen staple!
We created these sweet and savory PB & J bars to bring back the nostalgic flavor that we all love, in a layered bar form. Best of all, the no-bake crust is made with our superfood Peanut Butter gr8nola (which is infused with ashwagandha, a powerful stress-relieving ingredient!).
Read on for the recipe deets, and don’t forget to tag us (@gr8nola) in your creations for a chance to be featured on our social media. As always, stay #hungryforgr8ness!
No-Bake PB & J Bars
- 4 medjool dates
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup Peanut Butter gr8nola
- 2 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1½ cup strawberries
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 5 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1⅓ cup peanut butter
- 7 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. almond flour
- 3-5 Tbsp. almond milk (as needed)
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
- Line a 9”x5” bread pan with parchment paper, then set aside.
- In a blender, blend the PB gr8nola and almond flour until a fine flour is achieved.
- Add the remaining crust ingredients, and blend until smooth.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan, then set asied.
- Chop the strawberries into small pieces, then place in a small pot over medium-high heat. Stir continuously until it begins to simmer, then add the maple syrup and stir while simmering for 10-20 mins, or until thickened.
- Remove from heat, add chia seeds, stir, then allow to sit for 10 minutes, stirring once after 5 minutes.
- Pout the mixture over the prepared crust, then place in the freezer to set.
- In a medium bowl, stir all topping ingredients together until smooth and creamy, and then spread on top of the frozen strawberry filling layer. Place in the fridge for 1 hour to set, then enjoy!
Need to buy granola? We’ve got you covered with SEVEN low sugar superfood flavors for all taste buds and occasions!