We took one of our favorite holiday pies and turned it into a snackable bar!
That’s right -- we put a twist on grandma’s homemade pecan pie, and baked up these snackable, sticky-sweet, rich and scrumptious Vegan Pecan Pie Bars made with clean ingredients and no yucky fillers. This recipe is sure to be a fan favorite at all of your holiday parties -- just slice them up into perfect little bars for a simply gr8 dessert platter for all pecan pie lovers!
Most pecan pie recipes are filled with corn syrup and refined sugars, but we swapped those out for clean and pure sweeteners: maple syrup and coconut sugar. The secret ingredient to the chewy crust layer is our Cinnamon Chai gr8nola, which is packed with superfood chai spices: cinnamon, cardamom, allspice, ginger and cloves. These bars are free of dairy, soy and refined sugars, so you can dig in over the holiday season without the guilt!
Vegan Pecan Pie Bars
Makes: 1 8x8 inch pan (about 12-16 bars)
- 1 cup Cinnamon Chai gr8nola
- ½ cup almond flour
- 4 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 tsp. cashew milk (or milk of choice)
- ½ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, blend gr8nola to a fine flour.
- Add all crust ingredients, and mix until fully combined.
- Pour crust mixture into prepared pan, and press firmly and evenly.
- Bake crust 13-15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a medium saucepan, combine coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut sugar and salt.
- While stirring, heat until boiling and allow to boil for 45 seconds.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract and cashew milk. Stir until fully combined.
- Add in chopped pecans, and stir until fully combined.
- Pour filling mixture onto the prepared crust, and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and cool completely. Once cooled to room temperature, place the pecan pie bars in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Pecan Pie Bars can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to one week, or in the freezer for up to one month.