Matcha has been having a moment in the health world for quite a while now, and we aren’t complaining! Not only is it delicious in a smoothie or latte, but thanks to its many health benefits, including antioxidants and ability to stabilize blood pressure, it’s widely considered to be a superfood and is one of our favorite gr8nola flavors!
Turns out, matcha has just as many uses as it does health benefits, and we can’t get enough matcha recipes around here! While most truffles are full of refined sugars, these Vegan Matcha Truffles are a clean, nutrient-dense but still decadent treat you can feel good about eating...and we won’t tell if you eat more than one!
Vegan Matcha Truffles
Makes: 18-22 truffles
- ½ cup cashews, soaked overnight
- ⅓ cup cacao butter, melted
- 1 tsp. matcha powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup or liquid sweetener of choice
- 2 Tbsp. almond flour
- 1 Tbsp. collagen
- ½ cup coconut cream
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- Your favorite gr8nola flavor (we recommend Coco Cacao), blitzed in a food processor
- Hemp Seeds
- Sea Salt or other toppings as you like!
- Using a food processor, blitz together the cashews and cacao butter until a smooth paste forms. Next, add the remaining ingredients, and blend together until smooth. Check for desired sweetness as you go.
- Pour the mixture (it will be thick) into a shallow bowl and place in the freezer for 20 minutes, then use an ice cream scoop or tablespoon to scoop out rounded truffles. Place truffles on a plate, and put back in the freezer to harden for another 20 minutes.
- While the truffles are hardening, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together in a microwave safe bowl, stirring every 10-20 seconds to prevent burning.
- Once the truffles have hardened, dip in the melted chocolate and set on a plate to harden. If it’s warm in your kitchen, you made need to put the truffles back in the freezer. Before the chocolate hardens completely, top or roll in your favorite gr8nola or other toppings for a fun twist!
Your turn: Are you as crazy about matcha as we are? Check out our other matcha recipes for more inspiration!