One of our fave pastimes is taking our favorite candy bars and recreating healthier, clean ingredient versions of them. We’ve created everything from Snickers Bars to Twix Bars, and even Mounds Bars -- So we figured it was about time to whip up some tasty Crunch Bars inspired by the classic Nestle Crunch!
With only four ingredients necessary, these tasty bars are decadent yet perfectly crispy, and include our chocolate-y Cacao Crisp gr8nola for added superfood crunch. Free of dairy, refined sugars and soy, you get all the gr8 taste without the not-so-gr8 ingredients! If you’re coco for cacao, this recipe is for you.
Read on for the deets, and don’t forget to tag us (@gr8nola) in your creations for a chance to be featured on our social media. As always, stay #hungryforgr8ness!
4-Ingredient Crunch Bars
- 2 cups vegan dark chocolate (we love Pascha Organic vegan chocolate)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup Cacao Crisp gr8nola
- Line a 9”x9” baking pan with parchment paper, and grease with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the dark chocolate and coconut oil. Melt in 20 second intervals, stirring between each interval until fully melted and smooth.
- Pour the crispy rice cereal and gr8nola into the melted chocolate, and gently stir until fully combined.
- Pour the crunchy, chocolate-y mixture into the prepared baking pan, and spread evenly.
- Place in the freezer to harden, for 2 hours (or overnight).
- Slice, and enjoy!