We’re bringing joy to the world with this thick & fluffy french toast recipe made with vegan eggnog and all of our favorite holiday spices. The hearty flavor of eggnog combined with festive spices (cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger) makes these delectably sweet and savory french toasts perfect for a holiday breakfast or brunch.
This recipe is quick and simple, and can easily be whipped up for a cozy and delicious, festive morning. Best of all, this is an entirely vegan-friendly breakfast made with clean ingredients so that you can indulge while still feeling gr8 on the inside and outside!
Holiday Morning French Toast
Makes 10-12 slices
- 10-12 slices of bread of choice
- 1 cup non-dairy eggnog (we used So Delicious Coconutmilk Holiday Nog)
- 2 Tbsp. flaxseed meal
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch, or 4 Tbsp. flour of choice
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ginger
- Cinnamon Chai gr8nola
- Strawberry-rhubarb jam or fresh berries
- Whipped cream (we used Reddi-Whip Non-Dairy Coconut Milk whipped cream)
- Powdered sugar
- Heat a griddle or skillet to medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients (except for the bread), and whisk until fully combined.
- Dip each bread slice, one at a time, into the bowl, and place carefully onto the skillet. Flip over the bread to ensure both sides achieve a warm golden brown color.
- Remove french toast from skillet and top with your favorite toppings! We suggest a sprinkle of Cinnamon Chai gr8nola for some extra crunch, a dollop of rhubarb jam, and an extra helping of whipped cream worthy of Santa himself to top it off.