Talk about a decadent detox! These dark chocolate tarts are incredibly simple to make (they’re totally raw, so no baking necessary!) and are made with pure, natural superfood ingredients.
The crust gets its gorgeous dark hue from our Charcoal Chia gr8nola, which is made with activated charcoal derived from coconut shells. The filling is made with creamy coconut milk and vegan dark chocolate, so it’s safe to say that this recipe is an antioxidant-packed treat!
Not only is this recipe plant-based and vegan-friendly, but it’s also free of dairy, soy and processed sugars, so you can satisfy your chocolate craving without the guilt.
Read on for the deets, and don’t forget to tag us (@gr8nola) in your pics for a chance to be featured on our social media!
Dark Chocolate Charcoal Tarts (Vegan & Raw)
Makes: Three 4” tarts, or six 2” tarts
- 2 cups Charcoal Chia gr8nola
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 cup dark chocolate (we love Pascha Organic’s vegan dark chocolate options)
- 6 Tbsp. coconut milk (from a can, not a carton)
- Dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Flaky sea salt
- Coconut flakes
- Grease three 4” tart tins, or six 2” tart tins with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the Charcoal Chia gr8nola until a fine flour is achieved.
- Add the rest of the crust ingredients, and blend until fully combined.
- Press the crust firmly into the prepared tins, and place in the refrigerator while you prep the filling.
- Place all filling ingredients into a microwaveable bowl or double boiler, and melt until fully combined (if using microwave, heat in 15 second intervals, stirring in between).
- Stir the chocolate filling mixture until smooth, and pour into the prepared crusts.
- Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours, and enjoy!
- If desired, top with coconut flakes, sea salt, and other toppings of choice.