We put together this easy-as-pie Cranberry Apple Crisp to bring together all the flavors of sweet harvest apples and tart holiday cranberries. No worries if you don’t have fresh cranberries on hand -- you can always opt for frozen ones, or grab a couple of cans of your favoriting whole cranberry sauce!
Warm, cinnamon-spiced aromas will fill your kitchen when the fruity juices start to bubble over the layer of sweet crisp topping made with our very own superfood Cinnamon Chai gr8nola. We used this antioxidant-boosted granola flavor with ingredients such as cinnamon, cardamom and ginger to help boost immunity as we head into the cold weather. Talk about feeling warm and cozy while digging into your new favorite dessert!
Read on for the recipe deets, and don’t forget to tag us (@gr8nola) in your creations for a chance to be featured on our social media. As always, stay #hungryforgr8ness!
Cranberry Apple Crisp
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3 apples (peeled, sliced)
- 2 cups cranberries or 2 cans whole cranberry sauce (we love Thrive Market’s Organic Whole Cranberry Sauce)
- 1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 Tbsp. arrowroot or cornstarch
- ¾ cup oat flour
- 1 cup Cinnamon Chai gr8nola
- ½ tsp. salt
- 6 Tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease an oven safe baking dish with coconut oil, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all filling ingredients, then mix until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine all topping ingredients and stir until fully combined.
- Pour the filling into the prepared dish, then top with the crunchy topping.
- Bake for 45-55 mins, cool, then enjoy!
Looking for more holiday-themed crisp recipes? Check out our Spiced Chai Apple Crumble or our Vegan Cinnamon Chai Cookies for more inspo!
Need to buy granola? We’ve got you covered with SIX low sugar superfood flavors for all taste buds and occasions!
Get The Printable Version Here