Nothing quite says HELLO SUMMERTIME like a perfectly patriotic red, white and blue pie, so we just HAD to put together a colorful clean-ingredient and Pinterest-worthy fourth of July recipe.
This vegan, no-bake pie is secretly packed with health-boosting superfood ingredients including coconut oil and coconut milk, all poured into a delicious no-bake crust made with our Golden Spice gr8nola. Free of dairy, soy, refined sugars and refined flours, this recipe is allergen-friendly so that everyone can enjoy it. Talk about a picture-perfect dessert to take your picnic or backyard bbq up a notch!
Read on for the deets, and don’t forget to tag us (@gr8nola) in your creations for a chance to be featured on our social media!
Red, White & Blue Pie
- 2 cups Golden Spice gr8nola (or any gr8nola flavor)
- 1 cup oats
- 5 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 5 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 3 cans coconut milk (drain the water, and only use the “thick” part)
- 5 Tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup cornstarch or substitute your favorite thickening agent (We like Bob’s Red Mill Cornstarch)
- 1 tsp. blue spirulina or blue matcha powder (We like Suncore Foods powders!)
- 1-2 Tbsp. lemon juice (optional, but recommended!)
- Whipped coconut cream
- In a blender, blend gr8nola and oats at high speed until a fine flour.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the gr8nola, oats, coconut and maple syrup. Stir until fully combined. The mixture should stick together when you press it with your fingers. If it is too crumbly, add more coconut oil or maple syrup, by the tsp.
- Pour the mixture into a pie pan, and press firmly into the pan until a crust is formed.
- Place the prepared pie shell in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- In a blender, blend the coconut milk, coconut oil and maple syrup until fully combined.
- Add the blue matcha powder, and blend until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a medium saucepan, and slowly bring to a boil over medium heat. Whisk the entire time.
- Boil for 30 seconds, then remove from heat, and whisk in the cornstarch.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, whisking periodically.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie shell, and place in the fridge for 3 hours, or overnight.
- Top with raspberries and blueberries for a refreshing and patriotic topping!
- Drizzle with white chocolate or whipped coconut cream.