Get ready for the softest, most delightful vegan banana bread recipe you didn’t know you were missing! We used all natural ingredients including our gr8nola superfood granola and health-boosting coconut oil, and we sweetened things up naturally with maple syrup and a touch of cinnamon.
Allergen-conscious bakers rejoice, because this banana bread is free of dairy, soy, egg, nuts and refined sugar, and we also replaced traditional refined flour with ground oats and gr8nola! Enjoy each thick slice on its own, or with your favorite jam, nut or seed butter -- this clean recipe is about to become a staple in your kitchen!
Read on for the deets, and don’t forget to tag us (@gr8nola) in your creations for a chance to be featured on our social media!
The Gr8est Vegan Banana Bread
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 chia or flax eggs (to make, mix 6 Tbsp. water with 2 Tbsp seeds of choice. Stir and allow to sit for 10 minutes)
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups gr8nola superfood flavor of choice (we recommend Cacao Crisp)
- 1 cup oats
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper and coconut oil, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas until smooth.
- Add the chia eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract, and whisk until smooth.
- In a blender, blend gr8nola and oats until a fine flour.
- In a medium bowl, combine the floured gr8nola, oats, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder. Mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan (try not to eat it all as you go!)
- Bake for 35-45 minutes.
- Cool on a rack for 20 mins, then enjoy!