You know you’ve heard a million times that you should drink hot lemon water first thing in the morning. Here are a few more easy tips for boosting your detox experience during #TheGr8Cleanse!
Guest Post From Brandi, Fit Mind N Body
Wellness Coach, Massage Therapist & Personal Trainer
- Drink 1 cup of hot water with 1/4 lemon and 2 pinches of cayenne pepper first thing upon waking (on an empty stomach).
- Use a 'dry brush' to massage your entire body before getting into the shower. Use a circular motion and work towards the heart. Then shower or bathe. This facilitates circulation and toxic elimination through the skin.
- Take a warm bath with Epsom salt added to soothe, relax and detox. Additionally you may rub on the salt with a warm, wet washcloth in bath or shower—very invigorating.
- Jump on a rebounder (mini trampoline) for 3-5 minutes at a time. This shakes up your whole body and is particularly useful for stimulating your lymph drainage system, thereby moving those toxins OUT!
- Try your own 'hydrotherapy' in the shower by alternating hot/cold. This stimulates circulation and your immune system. You can also do a sauna/cold shower/sauna etc. if you belong to a gym. This is not for the squeamish, but it is very invigorating! You'll feel like a million bucks when you're done. Of course, just a sauna and a shower are beneficial as well.
- Make your own alkakine broth: Choose a combination of the following vegetables equaling approximately 1 1⁄2 - 2 cups: celery, green beans, zucchini, spinach, parsley, kale, chard, carrots, onion, garlic and favorite spices. Place vegetables in a soup pot with a significant amount of filtered water (more than enough to cover). Bring to boil and then let simmer for 45 minutes. Strain and keep the broth. You may drink as much of this broth as you want during #TheGr8Cleanse but at least 1 cup per day. This recipe will keep in the refrigerator for 3 days. Please do not freeze and defrost. Make fresh as needed. If you do not have a sensitive system you may puree the vegetables and broth together in a blender and take as a heartier soup.