When life gives you lemons... you make a lemon tart with a no-bake superfood crust! We love how @hmazurekk modified our No-Bake Vegan Key Lime Pie recipe to make this drool-worthy lemon tart, simply by making one easy swap: using lemon juice instead of key lime juice!
This clean ingredient tart is made with only seven simple ingredients, and features a delicious superfood gr8nola crust with a thick and creamy coconut filling. Best of all? This recipe is totally raw, dairy-free, soy-free, refined sugar-free and 100% guilt-free.
Read on for the deets, and don't forget to tag us (@gr8nola) in your creations for a chance to be featured on our social media!
No-Bake Vegan Lemon Tart
Makes: One 9-inch pie
- 1 cup gr8nola (we suggest OG or Cinnamon Chai!)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 6 tsp. maple syrup
- 5 tsp. coconut oil
Lemon Coconut Filling:
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 13oz can full-fat unsweetened coconut milk (only the thick coconut cream -- not the water)
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- Set aside a 9-inch pie dish.
- Add gr8nola and oats to your blender. Blend at high speed, until a fine flour.
- Pour the blended gr8nola and oats mixture into a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the maple syrup and melted coconut oil to the mixing bowl, and mix with a large spoon or your hands. The mixture is ready when you pinch the crumbs together with your fingers and it sticks together. If the mixture is not sticking, add more coconut oil by the teaspoon.
- Dump the pie crust mixture into the prepared pie dish, and press firmly into the pan. Set aside.
Lemon Coconut Filling:
- Soak raw cashews for 8 hours, or overnight. To expedite the process, you can boil a pot of water, remove from heat, add the cashews and soak for 15 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, combine cashews, coconut milk, lemon juice, maple syrup and coconut oil. Blend until fully combined and smooth.
- Continue to blend for an additional 3 minutes, to achieve a light and fluffy filling.
- Pour mixture over crust, and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate 2 hours, or overnight.
- Top with lemon slices and whipped coconut cream, if desired. Sprinkle a little extra gr8nola on top for some added crunch!
The pie should be kept stored and covered in your fridge for up to three days (not that it will last that long ;). If you want to make it ahead, you can store it in the freezer (in a fully sealed container) for up to one month. Enjoy!